Principal Accountabilities: (essential job
with each service recipient in a professional and caring manner, and sets an
example through personal actions.
all required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner, including tracking
work, behavior data sheets, incident/accident reports, daily and monthly
progress notes, communication books and attendance records.
monthly paperwork by the 3rd working day of each month.
4. Remains current on all service recipient program planning documents and assessments at all times
5. Implements individual
plans and contributes modifications to plans as necessary.
6. Assist with medication and informs Supervisor of issues or changes in medication or Treatment Plan
7. Meets daily with all
program participants and maintains accurate documentation on all meetings.
8. Promotes a creative
9. Able to take initiative
and work one-on-one with Clients if need be.
10. Able to handle stressful
situations and “behavioral problems”.
11. Participates in
trainings, seminars and conferences as assigned.
12. Contributes to
departmental and program goals and objectives, and development.
13. Presents ideas and
assists in the implementation of program goals on a daily basis.
14. Transports service
recipients in agency vehicle as directed
15. Maintains area in clean,
neat fashion at all times.
16. Observes safety and
models appropriate safety practices in the workplace
17. Arrives on time and maintains a good attendance record
18. Remains flexible to new job assignments and responsibilities
19. Presents program in a
positive, professional manner to the public.
20. Uses all supplies and
equipment in program in an appropriate and professional manner.
21. Establishes and
maintains effective and professional relationships with co-workers, service
recipients, supervisor and department head.
22. Complies with DD waiver, State and General Fund Standards
23. Complies with all
applicable LifeROOTS policies and procedures
24. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment
25. Responsible for participation in the company’s quality improvement program and ensures that all department-applicable quality improvement requirements are fulfilled
26. Responsible for participation in the company’s financial management and ensures that all department -applicable fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled
27. Responsible for participation in the company’s Health and Safety program and ensure that all department-applicable safety requirements are fulfilled
other related duties as assigned by the Day Hab Supervisor.
Essential Skills and Experience:
1. HS Diploma or GED
2. One year of experience
working with people with disabilities; prior experience in Vocational Services
or Day Habilitation desirable.
3. Participation in recent continuing education programs related to
Community Services, per licensing requirements.
4. Must complete required training within 360 days of
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
1. Community Integration
Coach should have strong interpersonal and communication
2. Time Management: Proven ability to manage one’s own time and the time
of others well.
3. Monitoring: Proven practice of monitoring/assessing performance of
oneself, other individuals, or organization to make improvements or take
4. Service Orientation: Actively
looking for ways to help people.
5. Experience working in high
performance teams and performing as a proven strong team player.
6. Commitment to company
Conditions of Employment:
1. Fingerprints and
2. Must have a valid and current driver's license with good driving record and must be insurable under state law.
3. Routine operates a
company vehicle or a personal vehicle while on company business.
4. Must be at least 18
years of age.
Regular and consistent
use of keyboard and mouse.
able to perform essential functions of position without hazard to themselves or
work is non-sedentary, requiring walking, assisting in lifting and transferring
clients, bending, and lifting carrying 50 pounds.
have the capacity to toilet and provide personal care with people with
Assists with wheelchair transfer of non-ambulatory
Additional challenges may
arise, at which time LifeROOTS,
Inc. may revise this job description.